Monday, June 25, 2012

Life Lesson 135: Stop thinking that your life is over if you do not have a man in your life

Good Afternoon Readers,

I am so glad that I have been blessed to see another day of life. Today has so many possibilities and I plan to exercise all of those possibilities as I continue my writing. In any event, this weekend was eventful but I am glad that I was able to sell 7 of my books. As an author, I get excited each time that I sell a book. It shows me that people really believe in my books (Lessons on Church Folk Volume 1 & 2). But if people are to believe in your book, you have to be the biggest fan of your work. Today, I would like to discuss the mindset of people who believe that their lives are over if they do not have a man. Your life is not over.....but you just need to change your focus until you are able to handle a relationship.

Let's begin.....

Too many women place their entire focus on getting a man. Some common phrases are: "She has a man and I want one too" or "I need a man so that he can fulfill me". First of all, do not seek out a man because someone else has a man. You have no idea what she is going through in order to keep that man. You need to be clear on why you feel that you need a man. Fulfillment is not a good reason. You need to be fulfilled with yourself before the man walks into the picture. Find ways to place your focus on other things besides getting a man. You need to have your life in order to the place where you are a whole person and he is a whole person. Remember, two whole people in a relationship equals a healthy relationship.

Too many women are focused on keeping a man. A common phrase is: "He's my man and he is only looking at me". Be honest with yourself: He might be dating you but that does not mean that he will not look at other women. He was born to look at women because that he is how he found you in the first place. As much as possible, do not take ownership of a guy just because he is dating you. Enjoy the time that you spend with him but do not assume that he is just dating you unless you both have agreed to be exclusive with each other.

Many women think that a man will complete their lives. Before the man comes along, your life should be complete based on the things that you are doing to improve yourself. If you are going to college, you are doing what is needed in order to be the best in your career. If you are pursuing a new job, you should do what you can so that you can move up the career ladder. No matter what happens, you need to do what is necessary so that you can complete yourself before a man enters your life.

Your life is not over because you do not have a man....treasure yourself, love yourself, and embrace yourself.

           

No comments:

Post a Comment