Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Life Lesson 121: Learn how to express your love to others

Dear Readers,

I hope that you had a wonderful day. I enjoyed my day at work because I was able to work on admissions applications for students who want to get admitted into Master's program in the Fall Semester of 2012. My job has a lot of paperwork but overall, I enjoy my job because I am able to work with students who are prospective teachers. In any event, I was thinking about the word "love" and how people show love to other people. As I thought about it, I felt that I should talk about love and 3 ways that we can share our love with the people in our lives.

Let's get started......

1. We can express our love to others by being genuine with them. In many cases, people spend so much time being someone that they are not and in time, it turns people off. Being genuine means that you are allowing yourself a chance to be transparent with someone else. If you can be genuine with other people, it will be much easier for them to express their love to you. Overall, aim to be genuine to the people in your life.

2. We can express our love to others by donating our time to them. Many people go throughout life thinking that other people can help themselves. But there are some people who need our help. Many elderly people need assistance around their homes and sometimes they just need someone who can come over to sit with them. Too often, we look at our own needs when we need to spend some time finding out how we can help others in their time of need.

3. We can express our love to others by listening to them. In life, we always need someone who will listen to us. We just want a person who is willing to hear about our lives and what we are experiencing. Listening is a talent that a lot of people do not have because they are so busy talking instead of trying to understand the matter at hand. Today, we should aim to have a listening ear so that we can love them in the form of silence while they are speaking.


                                 Love is amazing and it should be expressed often!
                                       

No comments:

Post a Comment