Sunday, February 12, 2012

Life Lesson 124: Be a mentor to someone else

Dear Readers,

I hope that you are having an amazing day. Today, my day is going well because I have been productive in all of my projects. I am always glad when I have a free weekend where I can work on the projects that need to be completed. Today, I was thinking about the people who have mentored me over my lifetime and the impact that they have made in my life. I am eternally grateful to all of the people who invested in me so that I could become the person that God wants me to be. So today, this blog post will be focused on the ways that you can be a mentor to someone else.

Let's begin.....

You can be a mentor to someone by offering advice to them about their career. Many people need advice on their careers because they are unsure on the direction that they should take. Advice can help them to decide on where they would like to be in the next 5 years. In any event, if you can offer someone some advice, it will help them as they go forward in life.

You can be a mentor to someone as it relates to their decision to attend college. Young people and the young at heart need people who can help them as they decide on which college to attend. Some people do not know what to look for or how much it cost to attend college. If you have expertise in college admissions, it would be good to mentor those who are planning to start college soon. Your advice could help them so that they can begin college with the mindset to complete their degrees.

You can be a mentor to someone as it relates to their job situation. These days, many jobs are downsizing and they are laying off some of their staff. Some people do not know what to do so they panic because they do not know where their next paycheck will come from. These people need your encouragement. If you lost your job and recovered from it, you should mentor someone else so that they can recover as well. And if you know of any job openings that they can apply for, it would be good to share these jobs with the person that you are mentoring.


                                         There are great rewards in being a mentor!

No comments:

Post a Comment