Thursday, October 27, 2011

One day, I will be on TV!

Good Morning Readers,

So far, I am having a great day. I woke up from the most amazing dream and I just have to tell you about it. Early this morning, I couldn't sleep because I am always trying to think of more ways that I can take my books to the world. Well, my dream began with me laying down resting in my bed. In my dream, I was asleep for a very long time. And then my sleep was interrupted by a phone call. I had not turned my phone on silent the night before so it was ringing off the hook. I was agitated but I decided to get up so I could answer the phone. I thought it was an emergency because it kept ringing. Anyway, I looked at the caller ID and it had a 312 area code. I thought to myself, "Who do I know in Chicago?". Well, I answered the phone. Here is the conversation as I remember it:

Me: Hello
Caller: Hello, May I speak to Antoinette Marie Davis?
Me: (thinking, "you are bold to know my whole name) Yes, this is Antoinette Marie Davis.
Caller: This is The Oprah Winfrey Show.
Me: (opens one eyes) Oh ok. Am I speaking with a Producer of the show?
Caller: No, this is Oprah Winfrey. How are you doing?
Me: (starstruck)(opens both eyes). No way, Oprah does not have time to call me. She is very busy.
Oprah: Actually, this is Oprah. I am calling you because I have been reading your books and I am very impressed with the work that you have done with marketing Lessons on Church Folk Volume 1 & Volume 2.
Me: Thank you Ms. Winfrey. I really appreciate it.
Oprah: Gayle & I have talked about your book and we both thought that the book described all sides of the church.  What inspired you to write this book?
Me: I was inspired to write after my grandfather's passing. I looked at his life and how he dedicated his life to his church and his personal relationship with God. He was dedicated until the end and I just had to honor him by writing a book on church people.
Oprah: I had no idea that you had experienced so much but I am glad that you put your energy into your writing. Is it possible for me to meet you in person so that I can interview you for the show?
Me: (starstruck)(tears begin to flow) Yes, I would be more than glad to meet with you so that we can discuss both books.
Oprah: I am gonna transfer you to my secretary so that she can set up the date for your interview. We will make your flight arrangements through Delta Air and you will be staying at the Omni Hotel (my signature hotel).
Me: Thank you so much for taking the time to speak with me about my journey through writing. I look forward to meeting you very soon.
Oprah: You are welcome. Enjoy the rest of your day. I will transfer you now......


And then the dream ended. Will I ever get to met Oprah? I don't know. But I do know that dreams come along for a reason. One of my goals is to be on TV so that I can endorse my books to the entire world. One day, I believe it will happen. Until then, I will continue to work hard so that the book can continue to be a success.

The Author Journey continues........

No comments:

Post a Comment